Concert for a Cure

Rhea Thielbar

Concert for a Cure posters around campus promote the event

The Happy Feet club hosted a great event on Friday, February 20th. It was the third annual Concert for a Cure fundraising event where several Berkeley students performed music, songs, and even yo-yoing, and club members sold baked goods and treats. The Happy Feet club was raising funds for cancer research that will be taken to Relay for Life, one of the club’s biggest activities. It was a great community event that brought many people in the Berkeley community together to raise funds and awareness for a disease that touches the lives of many.

The Buc Stop was crowded with many people eager to watch their peers perform, and they enjoyed a variety of different snacks such as cookies, brownies, cupcakes, bagels, chips, sodas, and more! Students and faculty also had the opportunity to make donations, and to also create personalized, decorated luminaries. Those who participated in decorating luminaries were able to create messages that resembled how cancer had touched their lives. Berkeley’s Happy Feet club members will take the luminaries, and place lights in them so that they are beautifully showcased at Relay for Life. The Happy Feet club also sold Concert for a Cure t-shirts, and advocated for a school spirit day! Overall, everyone who performed, volunteered time or attended the event made a significant impact in contributing to cancer research.