“I like to start my paintings as soon as possible. I don’t like it when paintings take a long time, so I try to get as much on the canvas in the course of a couple hours. Then, I have to take a break and come back to it the next day. Usually, my paintings don’t take more than a week.” Photo by Chloe McLeod. (cd mclean)
“I like to start my paintings as soon as possible. I don’t like it when paintings take a long time, so I try to get as much on the canvas in the course of a couple hours. Then, I have to take a break and come back to it the next day. Usually, my paintings don’t take more than a week.” Photo by Chloe McLeod.

cd mclean

library report

October 11, 2019

6th grade Language Arts- helped teachers with literacy circle book group books. The library supported them with books to use for the reading groups. Also 6th grade Language Arts teachers bring students to the library to find independent reading books and have reading time in the library. More recently I helped pick out a few more non-fiction books for their next book group readings. I suggested I could also pull matching non-fiction articles to go with their books. In essence building text sets to support their non-fiction literacy skills.

7th Grade Social Studies– beginning of the year pushed in classroom to co-teach source credibility- combating false information.

(7th grade cont.)Just this week- pop-up mini-lesson about proper, full length citations because the teachers noticed students turning urls as citations. I created a Citation Slider Activity and we had students make a noodletools project called In Class Citations so when they are asked to cite sources for classwork, homework and everyday work they can refer to that- showing them it doesn’t have to be a big research project to work on citing consistently. This helped correct them with citing websites.

8th Grade Social Studies– 2nd week of school- all 8th grade classes visited the library classroom for the NHD research project. They used a libguide to find resources in our databases as well as our print resources. Students set-up a noodletools project to cite sources and write annotated bibliographies.

8th grade Religion class– first day of school pushed into Religion class to share libguide of resources for their Biblical Figure research. Followed up with another day in class as a research day helping students find information. 

library report 2

“Sometimes, I’ll take inspiration from a landscape, or I did one where I took inspiration from my dream. I did this in my painting, “Getaway” (see above)”. Photo by Chloe McLeod.

library report 2

lib